Third consecutive Sport Auto Award win for i30 N | Hyundai N
- i30 N with Performance Package named the best compact sports car up to EUR 40,000 in the import car category for the third time
- Hyundai N’s strategy confirmed by Sport Auto magazine’s readers’ choice
- i30 N offers three powertrain options and two trim levels
The Hyundai i30 N with Performance Package has been awarded the Sport Auto Award for the third time in a row. Just like in 2019 and 2020, the hot hatch outperformed its direct competitors once again: With 33.4 per cent of the votes in “Category B: Production cars compact class up to EUR 40,000 – import”, i30 N with Performance Package claimed first place.
The trade magazine Sport Auto presented the long-standing Sport Auto Award for the 29th time this year. The consumers’ choice award is enjoying its growing popularity. Sport Auto readers could choose their favourite cars from a selection of 234 models across 18 classes and ten tuning categories. A total of 15,522 sports car enthusiasts took part in the voting – almost 20 per cent more than the previous year.
i30 N with Performance Package maintains its predecessor’s success
The engineers at Hyundai have taken the impressive package of performance, driving dynamics, design, and price to the next level with the i30 N with Performance Package. Now, the enhanced version of the multi-award-winning hot hatch, which was first launched in 2017, has once again received approval from Sport Auto readers.
The current generation of i30 N with Performance Package features V-shaped LED DRLs, lightweight 19-inch forged wheels and a large roof spoiler. The 2.0-litre turbo petrol engine generates 280 PS (206 kW) and delivers 392 Nm of torque. The high-performance hatchback can accelerate from 0 to 100 km/h in just 5.9 seconds, reaching its top speed at 250 km/h.
The new Hyundai i30 N: enhanced for maximum driving fun
In addition to a six-speed manual transmission, i30 N with Performance Package is also available with a 8-speed Dual-Clutch Transmission (N DCT) that allows drivers to shift gears even faster. Customers can choose whether to use the automatic gearshift or take advantage of the paddle shifters on the steering wheel to change gears manually.
More details on the Sport Auto Award can be found in the December 2021 issue of Sport Auto magazine, which will be published on 5 November.
Disclaimer: CO2 and emissions data
- Fuel consumption combined for the Hyundai i30 N 2.0 T-GDI (250 PS) with 6MT in l/100 km: 7.7; CO2 emissions combined in g/km: 175 (WLTP)
- Fuel consumption combined for the Hyundai i30 N 2.0 T-GDI (280 PS) with 6MT in l/100 km: 8.0; CO2 emissions combined in g/km: 182 (WLTP)
- Fuel consumption combined for the Hyundai i30 N 2.0 T-GDI with N DCT in l/100 km: 8.4; CO2 emissions combined in g/km: 191 (WLTP)
Hyundai i20 N named Car of the Year at Top Gear’s annual awards | Hyundai N 2021.12.01
i20 N crowned champion of Top Gear’s Speed Week | Hyundai N 2021.11.08
N brand celebrates the sixth anniversary of its first public appearance | Hyundai N 2021.09.17
Debut of ELANTRA N, Highest Level of N Performance Yet | Hyundai N 2021.07.15